Creating fond memories with each other is something all families want to do. Many parents may struggle with getting their kids to do things with them. Some kids only want to play video games or be on the internet!
Yet, what if I told you there can be an easy way to do all of that while everyone enjoys a nice and fun evening together? Because not only is it possible, but it can be made easier if you have this one thing: a fire pit!
Fire pits can bring all kinds of fun and enjoyment if you have (or can find a space) to put them in your backyard. Curious? Here are some fun activities to do with your kids around a fire pit:
- Camp Together – Why miss out on the chance to set up a campfire and go camping out back? Chances are, this can bring about a variety of things to do with your kids. From camp stories, making s’mores, creating the perfect tent to sleep in, or play games together. You can make the camp-out however you want and spice it up your own way. If it sounds adventurous, kids will love it and can be a new routine for the family to do!
- Talk About Their Days – If you want to learn more about how school went or help them with their homework, why not spend some time by the fire pit? It helps you as a parent to spend more time with your children and can get them to open up to you. It can even be more than just school or how their day went, too. Have conversations about their favorite hobbies, music or foods! Try making it fun with snacks, drinks, or games that your kids love as you share things with each other.
- Have Weekly Parties – Kids love going to parties or being apart of one. Why not make it a weekly thing with a party on the weekend to do as a family? It could be a movie night, scary storytelling’s, or chatting together. Maybe invite friends or neighbors over and have their kids spend time with yours as well. Whatever the case may be, it can bring about laughter and fun for the family to do.
- Listen To or Perform Music Outside – Listening to some of everyone’s favorite music can be a great activity to do with your kids. This opens up the chance to learn what types of music your children listens to while introducing the music you like. You can sing songs together and perform music if you have instruments. In the meanwhile, it can be a nice hobby!
- Simple Activities – The choice is up to you of what you want to do around a fire pit. If you just want to enjoy the breeze outside with your kids, do it! Or take pictures of your family by it, give it a go! Eating as a family, reading books together, or simply playing with some cards can also bring families enjoyment.